01 December, 2010

On the first day of Christmas...

It's December!  And in this part of the world it is supposed to be summer today.  A look out the window shows rain and gloomy skies, I could be anywhere in Europe (although it is apparently knee deep in ice and snow at the moment, so not really).  Where's the sun? I even had slippers on at one stage this morning!

No matter - today is the day to bring out those advent calenders. I LOVE these and always try to have one on the go. Although I rarely start them on time and usually end up with discounted ones halfway through December.  This is fine with me as the result is generally one big chocolate feast to make up for all the days I've missed. 

Now if I was super organised (and this will be a goal for future Christmas's) I would make sure I had one of these fabulous advent calenders that Babble.com very kindly brought to my attention. I am so in love with the Pottery Barn advent calendar. It couldn't be too hard to make...could it?


Pottery Barn Burlap Sack Advent Calendar
The Boxes on the Wall and the Baby Socks Garland ideas from Martha Stewart
Muslin pouches from Nuvonova on Etsy
Image sources: All via babble.com

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these!! We really should make one for next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails