05 August, 2010

It's {most definitely} a dutch thing...


Funny, growing up, I use to think everyone had a birthday calendar in a part of their house, until one day my husband asked if it was "just a dutch thing" - and after discussions with my Mutti, Omey and a few friends, I realised it most definitely was!  I think it's a lovely idea having a calendar to remember everyone's birthdays, one that you can use year after year.  It is always so lovely sending and receiving birthday cards, isn't it?


So, through a twitter post, I discovered thebeautifulproject's Etsy store and just happened to find this awesome 'Dutch Themed' Birthday Calendar.  You can check out more photos on her flickr site, where she explains how she came across the calendar tradition!

So, tell me, is it just a Dutch thing?

(Pictures via thebeautifulproject on Etsy)

4 comments:

  1. well if it's a Dutch thing then I guess it's a South African thing too.. I love sending and receiving cards and a calendar is a great way to stay abreast of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if its a Dutch thing but I really think it is so strange to hang it on the toilet like many Dutch do haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, I saw them hanging there when I lived in Holland ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...mine is in our toilet at home! Couldn't think of a better place - it's a good prompt to help me remember all those birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails