06 December, 2010

Back to Christmas basics


Remember home made Christmas decorations?  You know the ones you used to make at school or on the weekend using foil, glitter (lots of glitter), gold and silver pens, cotton wool, and I'm sure toilet rolls made an appearance.  Very messy but very fun!

Paper chains were my speciality and we used to make them as loooong as possible and string them all over the house.  Highly festive for us and I'm sure mum was happy it kept holiday crazed children busy for hours at a time.

I found a great story on Apartment Therapy about nearly 'no-cost' Christmas decorations including paper chains (see above photo) and cut out paper snowflakes (I so remember making those!).  It's definitely worth wandering over to the website to have a look.


Image source: All via Apartment Therapy

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I totally remember making those snowflakes!!!! They look fabulous in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The Christmas header looks awesome!!!! Great job Amy!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails