12 December, 2010

A red bird at Christmas

When I first moved to America, I remember going for a walk just after Christmas time, and saw this fiery red flash of colour fly by me on the dreary grey day.  I actually managed to get a few pictures, but nothing close up so I could see what type of bird this was.  I hadn't really thought about that day until now, when I was searching for my book-club's book for December to download on my kindle.  There on the front cover was the red bird - a Cardinal!


As I was searching through Etsy for some gift ideas just now, I came across this beautiful painitng by lauracarter.  It looks just like I remember that day, the red berries, and this beautiful red bird!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Jess.
    Isnt it gr8 when you stumble across things like that?
    i would love that picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails